❅ The Christmas Tag ❅
The big day is fast approaching and what better way to celebrate that than talk about all things Christmas!
1. What is your favourite Christmas film?
Oooh, now this one was always gonna be difficult! I remember when my brother, sister and I were all young and we would set out the Christmas videos (yep, that long ago!) on Christmas Eve and pick one to watch. It would usually be either Santa Clause The Movie or The Santa Clause, they're absolute classics in my eyes. I also love watching The Nightmare Before Christmas, it always feels like Christmas once I've watched that!
2. Have you ever had a White Christmas?
Yes! I love it when it snows on Christmas Day.
3. Where do you usually spend the holidays?
Always at home with my family - I think that's the best way to do it!
4. What is your favourite Christmas song?
You just can't beat a bit of Mariah or Michael Buble, now can you? If they collaborated for a Christmas song, oh my. I also loved this by Cast of Lions last year and it's what I'm listening to as we speak!
5. Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
6. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Well there's Rudolph of course . . . Dasher, Dancer, Donner, Blitzen, Comet, Cupid . . . that's all I got! Your turn to try.
7. What holiday traditions are you looking forward to most this year?
Wrapping presents to the sound of Michael Buble's Christmas album is a definite tradition, as is visiting my Granny on Christmas Eve. Another tradition we've always stuck to is on Christmas morning, we always had to check and see if the radiator's warm. The heating comes on at about 6 o'clock in our house so if the radiator's cold, we go back to bed. If it's warm, we can get up and check if Santa's been!
8. Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
We had a real one a few years ago which was nice but we usually stick to our fake one and love it.
9. What is your all-time favourite holiday food/sweet treat?
Putting Christmas dinner itself aside, we do love some cheese & crackers in our house when it gets festive. Oh, and there's always the obligatory tin of sweets!
10. Be honest: do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better?
Definitely giving! I try to be personal with my gifts and take a lot of care choosing and wrapping them. Getting presents is great too, but seeing someone appreciate what you got them is infinitely better!
11. What's the best Christmas gift you've ever received?
Back in the day, I once got a toy pedal tractor and it was amazing. Yep, I used to want to be a farmer so that was a fabulous present. My dolls house was a favourite too. Fast forward to this year, Santa kindly got me a ticket to see Nicki Minaj live and I'm pretty thrilled about that!
12. What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?
Christmas in New York sounds dreamy, doesn't it?
13. Are you a pro-present wrapper or do you fail miserably?
I have to say I actually do enjoy wrapping! I wouldn't stay I'm a pro but I do try!
14. Most memorable holiday moment?
I'm actually struggling to think of one in particular there's been so many! My parents always went out of their way to make Christmas extra special which is something I can't wait to emulate when I have children.
15. What made you realise the truth about Santa?
When I got to secondary school, some other children planted the idea in my head. I refused to believe but then the day came when my dad and older sister told me.
16. Do you make New Year's Resolutions? Do you stick to them?
I always try to and they last for about two weeks. For the upcoming year though, I have a bunch of blogging resolutions I'm really hoping to stick to. I'll be posting about them soon enough!
17. What makes the holidays special for you?
Being with my family. My sister will be coming home from uni tonight so we'll all be reunited and it doesn't get much more special than that.